Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Cheapside, Texas Ghost Town

Old Texas ghost town I drove out to today, to get some shots. It's basically in the middle of a cow pasture, right by an old gravel county road. The town was most active in the mid to late 1800s, but by the 1960s was pretty much a ghost town, except for a few farms along the area. And, as usual, it was cloudy, so I tried to get decent shots anyway.

Rickety old bridge that I didn't even try to cross--I just took a picture of it.

I'm guessing this might have been the old hotel?



Maybe the old saloon, or one of the stores?




Circa 1900 House in the town

Cheapside Church, built in 1893, I believe,
which apparently had services until 1990--not sure if they still do


3 comments:

  1. Oh, that old house!!! Ahhhhh! It needs someone to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. isn't it GORGEOUS??? There's another right next to it, covered by trees so it was hard to get a clear shot, but this other one was EVEN PRETTIER! I was drooling the whole time, not good when you're on a gravel road...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bridge is plenty safe. You could have crossed it.

    ReplyDelete